This dorm was
the first residence facility in the history of the school. A
$600,000 Federal Housing Loan made the construction of this dormitory possible.
This four-story, brick structure was designed to house 150 students. Included in the design was a student dispensary (now the Hortence T. Moss Health Center) on the ground floor. On the first floor an apartment for the Proctor of the Residence Hall was installed. Walter F "Bucky" Harris
was the first staff member to fill this position. Presently, Scholler is co-ed student residence mainly occupied by freshmen and sophomores.
on links to view Historical images:
Architect: George M Ewing Co.
Names: Residence Hall 1956 - 1960
Scholler Hall 1960 -