Undergrad Grant Information

Federal Pell Grant

A Federal PELL Grant is a grant administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Grants may range up to $5,730 per two semesters of full time enrollment for undergraduate students with financial need. A Federal PELL Grant application is part of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

 Notification of eligibility will be made directly to the student by the Federal PELL Grant program.  Philadelphia University will inform each student regarding the amount of their grant.

The federal government may require that the Financial Aid Office verify the information submitted on your FAFSA. Therefore, the Financial Aid Office may request, at a later date, supporting documentation such as tax transcripts, verification forms, sources of non-taxable income, enrollment information concerning other dependents in post-secondary institutions,etc.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

Federal SEOG is a grant program administered by the University. Awards are based on need and other grant eligibility. You must maintain satisfactory progress to renew your grant.

Philadelphia University Grants

Philadelphia University Grants are offered to full-time undergraduates who have established financial need. The selection is made by the Financial Aid Office.

Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA)

PHEAA is a state grant program for undergraduate Pennsylvania residents who will be enrolled full-time (12 or more credit hours per semester). All Pennsylvania residents applying for financial assistance from Philadelphia University are required to apply for a PHEAA grant. To apply for PHEAA, applicants must complete a FAFSA by May 1.

Other State Grant Programs

Delaware, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia, along with some other states, offer state grant awards to students who are residents of these states. Students should contact the appropriate state grant agency for more information.

Veterans and Veterans' Dependents Benefits

If you are veteran who served on continuous active duty for 181 days or more after January 31, 1955, you may be eligible for educational benefits under the Montgomery G.I. Bill® or Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP). In addition, a variety of loans, employment opportunities and other forms of financial assistance are available to veterans. If you are a dependent of a veteran who died or is permanently disabled as a result of service in the Armed Services, or if you are serving in the services, you may be eligible for educational benefits. For further information contact the Financial Aid Office.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Office of Financial Aid

ph: 215.951.2940
email: financialaid@PhilaU.edu
Our federal school code is 003354