Campus & Facilities
The University’s 100-acre campus in the East Falls section of Philadelphia includes more than 50 buildings, ranging from historic Victorian mansions to contemporary classroom, library and residential facilities.
The tree-lined Main Campus is located on the edge of Philadelphia's Fairmount Park in the beautiful residential area of East Falls, 15 minutes from historic Center City Philadelphia. On-campus housing features co-ed and single-sex residence halls, town homes and one- to three-bedroom apartments.
In recent years, the campus has had several major additions, transforming our main campus and making a dramatic impact on the academic and social environment for all members of the University community.
Some recent additions include:
- The Lawrence N. Field DEC Center, a 38,500 square-foot facility, built to LEED® standards, boasting flexible studios, seminars, conference rooms, and a two-story forum space for design exhibits, presentations, large lectures and social events.
- Nexus Learning Hubs, active teaching and learning environments that feature moveable furniture and advanced technology designed to encourage creativity and collaborative engagement.
- The Kanbar Campus Center, a 72,000 square-foot social hub for students, faculty and staff.
- The Center for Sustainability, Energy Efficiency and Design, a center for applied research, education and collaboration among disciplines in the built environment.
- The Gallagher Athletic, Recreation and Convocation Center, home to three basketball courts, a state-of-the-art fitness center, aerobics studio, racquetball court and elevated jogging track, as well as a two-level parking garage.
The Philadelphia University campus is wired with a sophisticated information network providing campus-wide file-transfer capability, personal directories, email and high-speed Internet access. The campus's advanced technology also provides voicemail and cable television to anyone living on-campus.
We invite you to learn more about us by taking our virtual tour of campus.